Skin health tips in summer
Summers can be brutal. When the temperature soars, the heat and humidity can make your already active oil glands hyperactive. You eventually end up with excessive sebum around the T-zone, itchy rashes, sunburn, and premature signs of aging. This is why you need a strong skin care routine as your first line of defense.
Things you can do to take care of your skin during the harsh summer months.
1) Gentle exfoliation removes dead and dull skin debris to prevent congestion and improve hydration from toners and moisturizers.
2) Up your level of hydration with intensive moisture replenishing masks, at least once or twice a week.
3) Eight 8-ounce glasses of plain, filtered water every day help maintain critical moisture balance of the body and skin, and assist in detoxification.
4) It’s not enough to just apply sunscreen, you must apply enough, and apply frequently.
5) Unfortunately, whenever you are out in the intense summer sun without sun protection, the damage is done. Apply cooling balms generously over over-exposed skin, at the first sight of a pink glow, a sign of skin damage.